Choose 1 of these 7 hydration tips to get started:
1. Replace 1 caffeinated drink each day with 1 glass of water of equal size.
2. Carry a reusable water bottle with you. When your bottle starts feeling too heavy, drink a little bit. That keeps you hydrated and lightens your load.
3. Drink a glass of water when you first get up, or drink an extra glass at lunchtime.
4. Set regular “Water break!” reminders on your phone or other device.
5. Eat plenty of dense vegetables and fruits for their water content. Some good choices: cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberries.
6. Slice some lemon or lime into a glass of water to add flavor and scent without reaching for a soda or other sugary drink.
7. Make one of the thirst-busting drinks below. Sip. Enjoy. Repeat at your leisure.
One Simple Change: Don’t Wait to Hydrate
Looking for more info about hydration, which is so vital to our overall well-being? Check out this short (under 3 minutes) video with tips from physicians and other health experts.
Sometimes you want a switch from plain water. A little sweetness, a little color—a little something different. A glass of any of these can cool you through and through. Don’t be afraid to experiment with fruit-to-water ratios. Drink up, and enjoy!
Support Your Skin With Hydrating Food
Summer can be a lot of fun, but it can also be hard on your skin. Support your skin this summer by eating plenty of these hydrating fruits and veggies.